Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 22: Confessions of a BAD blogger

I knew when I started this whole challenge that if I failed at one thing it would more likely be at my attempt to blog everyday! :) This is has proven to be true! Sorry to those of you who were looking for updates---I am still doing the challenge, so here is a recap of the past few weeks.

On Day 15, my halfway point, I was visiting a friend who had just made a cake and insisted that I would be really rude if I didn't try it. So, confession #1, I ate it. It was SO delicious! I think a cinnamon apple cake, so it did have apples. That counts, right? :)

When I read the book, she talked about a few times when she had something that was NOT on the list. One of these times it was done because refusing would have been rude. I am going to use this as my excuse. If she could, i could, right?!?

Jen Hatmaker, the author of this book, is hilarious. Check out her blog, http://jenhatmaker.com/home.htm

Confession #2: I ate a crispy PLAIN chicken sandwich at Culver's the other day instead of a grilled PLAIN---they only used bread crumbs, right? I can have bread. It was SO MUCH BETTER than the grilled one. However, I won't do it again. I totally counted this as a successful flee from temptation considering I love their FISH sandwich and custard and don't get me started on those fries! 

I have, however, successfully eaten out for breakfast and dinner at big chain restaurants and succeeded. Got a lot of funny looks from waiters and waitresses at my reuqests, but never the less, I did it. 

Water is my best friend, and gum! Thank God for whoever invented GUM. It has saved me from failing MANY TIMES!

Confession #3: I met a friend at B&N the other day, and while I did resist ordering several of their drinks that I like, I did get a tea, per my friend's recommendation. It's mostly water, right? It was SO wonderful. I will for sure be getting that again. I think it was Cinnamon Spice tea, if I remember correctly.

Favorite New Foods on this Plan: 

  • Grilled Chicken rubbed down with only salt and pepper and marinated in apple juice. Delish! Brandon even liked it, too! Best grilled chicken we have made on our grill. Less is more sometimes.
  •  I also love the green machine smoothie, however I'd like to add other things to it like celery and pears or mango.
  •  I have really enjoyed poaching eggs and eating them with spinach in a wrap with avocado slices. 
  • Chicken taquitos: chicken, apple slices and spinach in a wrap. Rub top with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Eat with avocado! SO GOOD~ 


Things I have decided during this fast: I will NOT drink diet coke anymore. I don't really crave it, and it isn't good for you, apparently ;) I will be drinking MILK as soon as possible. I feel like my bones, which I take pride in never breaking, are getting weaker! Cheese better watch out because when I am done, that is the first thing I will be enjoying! Salt and vinegar chips---just you wait! 

More thoughts coming soon in the next post!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy some things that you stop craving after not eating them. Sodas being one of them, French fries are another. Potato chips are a definite weakness for me. Keep it up, your almost to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete