Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 4

Started the day off today with a baked avocado with an egg inside! It was good, but I think I would still prefer having an egg with avocado slices. The avocado warm was a different taste, but still a nice change from the last 3 mornings! The coffee was good, but man, I can't wait to have some creamer, milk, half and half, ANYTHING!

Ran to the park in between breakfast and lunch today with Madison---drank lots of water as it is 72 degrees here in Greenville today! Woohoo! It was an awesome park, too, by the way. Check it out if you haven't been before! Conestee Nature Park on Mauldin Road! http://lakeconesteenaturepark.com/

For lunch I had a chicken salad sandwich AGAIN! :( I looked on, with jealousy, at Brandon's yummy shrimp! Oh dear, this could get really hard. Is it really only day 4?

I wanted to add also that I am chewing sugar free gum! I had to have something to take my mind off the hunger, so I am allowing myself that, it's necessary! Chomping hard as we speak!

Dinner was wonderful with a sweet potato that I made in the crock-pot---so easy! Just throw in crock-pot, turn on low, let sit for 6 to 7 hrs with about a 1/4 cup of water in bottom---wonderful! I shared with Brandon and Madison, so I really only had about 1/2. I also made Apple Stuffed Chicken, see recipe below! I did have to omit and substitute as needed! I also, and this was hard, shared my sweet potato rolls with Brandon at dinner! He better love me! I even made his filling for his chicken different including what the recipe called for...lucky man!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-stuffed-chicken-breast/

Apple Popsicle for a snack again---I guess! I got NOTHING else!

I love this thought from the book, Seven: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, "This is a fast, a major reduction of the endless possibilities that accompany my every meal. It is supposed to be uncomfortable and inconvenient. Not because I am narcissist but because the discomfort creates space for the Holy Spirit to move. This shake-up of my routine commands my attention. I can no longer default to normal, usual, mindless, thoughtless. It's like having an eyelash under my contact all day." (page 16)

Lord, may you receive more of my time, attention, and focus! Don't let me default to "normal"!


No comments:

Post a Comment