Thursday, March 13, 2014

Seven: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess

Whoa! This book, Seven: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, is changing me---watch out! I do believe we live in a country with lots of "stuff"! In fact, one of my daughter's favorite Veggie Tales movie is about a blueberry who wants to have more "stuff", but learns that she doesn't need it to be happy.

    I kind of always viewed that as things you buy, and I never really included food. So, when I started reading this book, and the first chapter was on limiting food intake to allow God to be your "daily bread" was a new thought to me.

So, the author of the book, Jen Hatmaker, did a 7 food challenge for 30 days. I decided to jump on board. So, here are my seven foods:

1. Bread---I plan to make my own most of the time, but other bread is okay, too!
2. Spinach
3. Sweet Potatoes
4. Apples (I am having apples, dried apples, and 100% apple juice)
5 Avocado
6. Eggs
7. Chicken (I am adding salt and pepper but nothing else when cooking it)

I am also drinking water only with one cup of coffee a day. However, NO CREAMER! Good-bye, Thin Mint Creamer! I will see you in 30 days :)

So, I have known for a while now that since I am home all day with my girls, it is SO much easier for me to just snack, and snack, and snack, and snack. I am nursing, so I can eat whatever I want, right? NO!!!! So, I am on a mission to get the snacking, over-eating, poor food choices under control! Having to limit myself for a time is allowing me to focus more on God, and pray to Him when I need control, instead of giving into self, and just eating whatever.

So, in the next 30 days, if you see me eating funny or denying myself certain things, this is the reason! Also, I will be posting here each day about what I have eaten and how I feel!



1 comment:

  1. This is great, Lindsay. I can't wait to hear your progress. I have been a bit more aware of what I am eating trying to keep a food 'journal', but it is not working out too well.

    ReplyDelete